Sabine Oil & Gas Corporation is in the process of transitioning to Wells Fargo Bank for the royalty payments via ACH.  Enrollment will start May 1st , 2017, and if you do not enroll by May 19th, 2017, your payment method will convert to a check payment, until you enroll for the new ACH service with Wells Fargo. To enroll for this service please log on to the below listed website. Should you have any questions please review the step by step instructions to complete the application process. When enrolling, please be prepared to provide the following information:

Originators Identifier Number: 10000SOGR

Trading Partner ID: This would be your Owner # with Sabine O&G

Confirmation Code: SABINE77022

Website Address: Click here

Download ACH\Direct Deposit Setup Instructions: Click Here

To help expedite service please read carefully and provide the necessary documentation along with your Owner Number or Social Security Number using one of the contact methods below:

Phone 832-242-9575

Monday – Friday
8am – 5pm CDT 

Email OwnerRelations@sabineoil.com
Fax 832-242-9729
Post 1415 Louisiana, Suite 1600, Attn: Division Orders, Houston, Texas 77002

Online Access to Owner Payment Information:

Sabine Oil & Gas provides secure, online access to payment information via EnergyLink. Please login below or if you’re a new User, click ‘Need a User ID’.

Change of Address or Contact information:

Complete the change of address form and return with signature and SSN attention: Division Order Department.
(Download Address Change Form Here)

Setup Direct Deposit\ACH:

Sabine Oil & Gas has contracted with Wells Fargo for direct deposit. Please see the attached form for detailed instructions.
(Download ACH\Direct Deposit Setup Instructions)

Name change due to marriage, divorce:

Recorded Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree specifying name change or other documents affecting name change. Please send the required documents attention: Division Order Department.

Merger or change to corporation or company name:

Certificate of Name Change, Certificate of Merger and Executed W9
Please send the required documents attention: Division Order Department.
(Download W-9 Form)

Appointment of Attorney-In-Fact:

Please send a recorded copy of the Power of Attorney attention: Division Order Department.

Transfer of Interest (Sale of Interest):

Conveyance document recorded in county/parish in which property is located.
Please send the required documents attention: Division Order Department.

Trusts and Partnerships:

Conveyance of interest into or out of trust/partnership recorded in county/parish in which property is located, copy of trust/partnership agreement, instruments pertaining to successor trustee, and executed W9.
Please send the required documents attention: Division Order Department.
(Download W-9 Form)

Minimum Suspense:

Sabine Oil & Gas issues royalty checks when royalty totals $50 or more, or once a year in September.

1099 Questions

Q: When will I receive my 1099?
A: 1099s will be mailed to your address of record by January 31, 2017.

Q: I received very few royalty payments. Will I receive a 1099?
A: The minimum amounts for which 1099s are issued are:

  1. Box 1 (Rents) – $600
  2. Box 2 (Royalties) – $10
  3. Box 7 (Non-Employee Compensation/Gross Working Interest) – $600

Q: It is the end of February and I did not receive my 1099. How do I get a new one?
A: Call our owner relations line at 832-242-9575 or email us at ownerrelations@sabineoil.com. In addition to your owner number, you will be asked to verify your address and Social Security number. You can then have the form faxed, emailed or re-mailed.

Q: My address has changed, and I did not receive my 1099. How do I get a new one?
A: All requests for a change of address must be submitted in writing. To request a change of address:

  1. Send a written request to 1415 Louisiana, Suite 1600, Houston TX 77002
  2. Fax a written request to 832-242-9729
  3. Send an email to ownerrelations@sabineoil.com
  4. Visit www.sabineoil.com and click the Owner Relations tab Once a change of address has been received, a 1099 can be requested at 832-242-9575 or email ownerrelations@sabineoil.com.

Q: What are the numbers on my 1099?
A: The numbers are as follows:

  1. Box 1: Rents: Monies paid for Lease Bonus and Right of Way
  2. Box 2: Royalties: Gross payments made on production or minimum royalties
  3. Box 3: Other: Damages and water usage
  4. Box 7: You will see either:
    • GWI: Gross Working Interest: Your owner type shares in the operating revenues and costs associated with the well. This is most commonly seen along with monies in Box 2.
    • NEC: Non-Employee Compensation: Payments made to contractors

Q: The amount in Box 2 does not equal what I deposited. Why?
A: Sabine is required to report Gross Royalty Amounts to the IRS. Your periodic disbursements are net of production- related deductions and State Severance Taxes. Refer to the summary at the bottom of your 1099, the “Net=$”, or Net figure should equal your deposits.

Q: The Net does not equal my deposits. How do I get the detail?
A: Contact our Owner Relations line at 832-242-9575 or send a request via email at ownerrelations@sabineoil.com and we will provide you with detail. Your year-to-date totals can be found on your last check stub for 2014.

Q: I received my December royalty check in January. Why is it on my 1099?
A: The IRS uses a “Constructive Receipt” doctrine. Because the payments are issued in December, the figures are appropriately included on the 1099.

Q: I had several old royalty checks dated prior to 2016 reissued in 2016. I’ve already reported the amounts in the year the original payment was issued. How do I ensure the amount is not being double-reported? 
A: We have made every attempt to exclude these amounts from your current year 1099. In the event that you think we have made an error, please contact the Owner Relations line at 832-242-9575 or send a request via email at ownerrelations@sabineoil.com and we will research the matter and correct if necessary.

Q: I want to lower my tax bill. Can you withhold Federal Taxes from my checks?
A: Sabine does not withhold Federal Taxes unless required by statute.

Q: What are the Other Deductions and where do I put them on my tax form?
A: Other Deductions include your share of expenses incurred to make the products salable and to transport to market as well as your share of the State Severance Taxes assessed on production. Sabine is not able to provide any tax advice and encourages all owners to seek proper tax assistance in preparing their tax returns.